Occupational First Aid Refresher
- Start Date:
- 6. May 2017, 09:00
- Finish date:
- 6. May 2017, 17:00
- Last Revised:
- 19. April 2017
- 80.00 EUR
- Donegal Enterprise Center
- Not Specified
- Book the course
- Not Specified
- Available seats:
- 10 of 10
The Occupational First Aid Refresher Training Course is for qualified first aiders who want to retain their current certification by completing a one day refresher course. Upon completion of the course, a new certificate will be issued by FETAC. This certificate will be valid for a further period of 2 years.
The course will commence at 9:30am and will finish at 5.00pm. Alternatively, it can run over 2 consecutive evenings from 7.00pm to 10.00pm. For more details on this course or to book your position now, contact us on +353 74 912 7279.
Participants who have completed this course will have knowledge in the following areas:
- Occupational first aider responsibilities
- Legislation relating to first aid provision and Health and Safety in the workplace
- Providing treatment for minimising the consequences of injury until the arrival of medical aid
- How to provide treatment in the workplace for an injury which does not require the attention of a medical practitioner or nurse
- Organising first aid arrangements in the workplace
Participants of this course will be trained in the following areas of first aid:
- First Aid in the workplace
- Respiratory and Cardiac Emergencies
- Bleeding and Wounds
- Altered levels of consciousness
- Musculoskeletal Injuries
- Burns and Scalds, Electrical Shock, Chemicals and Poison related injuries.
The course is an intensive day of training! Therefore it is the responsibility of the student to have a good basic knowledge of the course syllabus prior to arrival. Each student will have to re-sit their FETAC Level 5 exam and must be in possession of their PPS number.
Once the applicant completes the course they will be qualified to maintain their role as a qualified first aider and will be reissued their FETAC Certification.
For more information on this course or to book your place, contact us today on +353 (0) 74 91 27279.