This course is designed for healthcare workers who need to be trained to safely move and handle patients under the Safety, Health and Welfare at Work 2005 and Manual Handling Regulations 1993 and 2007.
Participants who have completed this course will have a good understanding of:
- The structure of the back and the ways in which it can become injured
- The principles of safe moving and handling
- How to comply with current legal requirements in the workplace in relation to safely moving and handling patients/clients in a variety of healthcare related settings
- Legislation regarding manual handling with reference to the workplace
- How your back works anatomy of the musculoskeletal system and mechanism of injury
- Risk Assessment
- The basic lifting techniques (animate and inanimate loads)
- Introduction to patient handling concepts
- Ergonomics and Risk Assessment
- Lifting equipment and Risk Assessment
- Practical Workshop of Moving and Handling Methods used
This is a a one day course, on completion each participant will receive a certificate of attendance and participation in a Patient Moving and Handling Course.
For more details or to book your place on this course, contact us today on +353 74 912 7279.